Adsense

Thursday 26 February 2015

Zend Framework



     I’ve used Zend Framework 1 and 2 in large scale enterprise projects for years. It has been one of the leading PHP frameworks with flexible architecture suitable for modern web applications for years. Recently I have switched over to a couple of newborn frameworks, but that is my personal preference.

     Zend framework is designed with simplicity in mind. It is lightweight, easily customizable, and focused on most common needed functionality. It is built to dramatically ease the learning curve you must climb when adapting to a new framework. It is widely used, so quite well tested and safe.

      Despite all the advantages, it is has quite different user experiences over the years. Some users call it “extremely complicated, the worst I have known so far”.

    Extremely complicated framework, the worst that I have known so far (I have worked with symfony, Yii and django; all them are easier to learn)

     Great framework with a great community and a lot of tutorials…nearly everything is good, just the speed could be better.

    ZF is overly complicated. At some point you will find yourself struggling with it just to make things done. Syntax is too lengthy.
I’d say ZF is a great PHP class library but an awful web framework.

No comments:

Post a Comment